Saturday, March 7, 2009

“The Power of Marketing”

Marketing is the wide range of activities involved in making sure that any business meet the needs of their customers and introduce their products to them.

The TV is showing this commercial of the “NEW Lash Stiletto™ Mascara”, from Maybelline, New York. The commercial affirms that this is the only mascara that does for your lashes what stilettos do for legs. The commercial also mention that the Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle, and the elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length.

After watching the same commercial every time that the commercial came up in the TV, I found myself buying this new mascara. I tried the mascara, I liked it but it did not feel like the mascara made my lashes look longer. The commercial advertised the mascara and then invited me to get the mascera and for this you can tell that this commercila is a good example of the power of marketing that any company has.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sometimes it is so easy to fall for advertisments! Just don't watch TV! Or read magazines!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, for some reason, I have always been a cynic when it comes to commercials and advertising, especially corporate. It is amazing what kind of money that some of the big companies will dish out in order to push their products; i.e. the Super Bowl. I am much more likely to respond to local promotion, such as a new restaurant or an event at the Strand.

    ReplyDelete